There are hundreds of things I could list that I’m thankful for today, but I’m going with just a few that I came up with off the top of my head during Wednesday’s chaos:
- I’m thankful that when I had car trouble the day before we were to leave for a Thanksgiving road trip that I knew I had a friend who’d fry an extra turkey for my family and that I could go to Publix and pick up homestyle sides that would be “good enough.”
- I’m even more thankful that the dealership miraculously “found” a minivan after declaring on multiple phone calls earlier in the day that the only thing available was a pickup truck (which probably means I should be thankful for the salesman who gave up his demo vehicle so I could enjoy my holiday).
- I’m thankful for my camera that helped me take this picture that makes me laugh out loud every time I look at it:
- I’m thankful that I live in a place that has 70+ degree temperatures in November (I know not everyone can relate, of course…)
- I’m thankful for a husband who keeps me laughing, even in my darkest hours.
- I’m thankful for the perspective that comes from having two children who smile, even as they struggle.
- I’m thankful that I was raised by people who taught me to respect others, no matter what.
- I’m thankful that my children are growing up in a society that allows them to participate fully in school and other activities along with their peers, when not so long ago they would have been excluded and ignored.
- I’m thankful for people who take a stand against the casual use of the r-word and the elimination of “imperfect” babies.
- I’m thankful for friends who not only accept, but embrace, my children in a world that all too often pretends not to notice them.
- I’m thankful for every person who stops by this blog to leave a positive comment, ask me a question, share a link with their friends, or challenge me to think. You inspire and encourage me every day.
Happy Thanksgiving! What are you thankful for today?