I have some advice for anyone planning to record a podcast: don’t do what I did. Podman Dan of the Special Chronicles podcast contacted me a few weeks ago to see if I would be willing to be interviewed. We recorded the interview on Tuesday night, and I learned some things not to do that probably won’t be helpful to anyone else but I simply must share them, anyway, because I am a self-absorbed dorkfest.
- Don’t forget to turn off the ringer on your cellphone. The Darth Vader theme song is the antithesis of an inspiring and informative podcast.
- Don’t talk for an hour when the podcasting host has told you the podcast usually runs for about 30 minutes.
- Don’t repeat the same points a dozen times when you’re already running 20 minutes over your gabbing allotment.
- Don’t schedule the interview for a night when there are thunderstorms in the area if your husband is in charge of the local electric utility.
- If you make the mistake above, reschedule. It’s very difficult to concentrate when one child is bursting in the room with the other child right behind him who was assigned to watch him but is not as fast as he is.
But other than that, it was great! I’ll let you know when it’s available for download.
Check out this new Kickstarter project by Jason Ashberg, an award winning filmmaker with cerebral palsy. His new project is a film titled “Dreamer” about David, a shy young man living with mild cerebral palsy who overcomes his fears and limiting beliefs and takes steps to improve his life.
Since I’m on a roll with my interest in history, I watched Doctor Zhivago last weekend. I had seen it once before years ago and had a vague recollection of not being a fan, but decided to give it another go because I know more (a little more, anyway) about the Russian revolution than I did back then. My more youthful self was not completely clueless, however. The theme song was pretty insufferable and I cared more about the long-suffering wife who disappeared from the story midway through than I did either of the main characters. On the flip side, however, I do now want to read more about the Russian revolution.
A few more photos from Thursday afternoon at Papa’s house…
I’m drafting this post at Children’s Hospital on Thursday night, and they asked me to fill out a questionnaire about Nathan before the sleep study. Take a gander at the last question:
In the past four weeks how often has your child made you frustrated? They do know he’s a three year old boy, right? But then I started wondering if maybe this question was a trap. Are they trying to slip something in to see if maybe I’m a child abuser? Or is this a legit question related to his quality of sleep?
About two minutes after I answered the above with “a little of the time,” Nathan squirted half a cranberry juice box all over the keyboard. So…yeah.
I’ll skip the intro and just go straight to begging. Please go vote, and ask friends and strangers to do the same. Pretty please? Momma needs a college scholarship for her baby girl… 🙂
Have a great one!
This post was inspired by and is linked to Conversion Diary‘s 7 Quick Takes.