Did you see Jen’s survey about her (possible) book tour?
Well, I did, and I think Mayberry is the IDEAL locale for her to visit … and Mr. Andi agrees. So consider this post my mini-campaign to get Jennifer Fulwiler to Mayberry!
- Mayberry is the home of Archangel Radio, the first Catholic radio station along the Gulf Coast. Simcha Fisher was on the LIVE HOUR show not long ago, promoting her book, so it’s only natural that Jen needs to do the same (but in person!) Bonus: I sing in the choir with Todd Sylvester, the LIVE HOUR host, and the kids’ godmother, Cindy, used to be a regular guest.
- St. Lawrence Catholic Church (our parish) in Mayberry is a thriving parish and is always hosting artists, speakers, etc. and I’m sure they’d love to host Jen, as well. Bonus: it’s across the street from Archangel Radio.
- Mayberry is the home of Page & Palette Bookstore, which probably doesn’t sound all that unique, but I promise it is! They’ve hosted dozens (hundreds? thousands?) of authors, and recently received a grant from James Patterson (yes, THE James Patterson) for a kids’ reading initiative. Bonus: it’s just a few blocks away from St. Lawrence and Archangel Radio.
- Mr. Andi wants to meet Jen, because he considers her the Best Book Recommender Ever. He’s read just about every book (fiction and non-fiction) that she’s mentioned on her blog over the last two years – including the one her dad wrote, which he loved – and he wants to meet the person with such a brilliant reading mind. Bonus: if he meets the brilliant book-recommending author of ConversionDiary.com, he may finally not just start, but finish RCIA.
- Mr. Andi offered to take as many of her kids as will fit on his boat fishing if they come. Or Jen, if she likes, but fishing doesn’t seem like her cup of tea. Bonus: Jen will get a much-deserved mini vacation.
- Mayberry is between one large city (Mobile, Alabama) and one midsize city (Pensacola, Florida), so she can hit both of those on the tour, and while Mr. Andi and her kids are fishing I will take Jen to the pier, or the beach, or to see the birthplace of Mardi Gras, or any of a million other wonderful places that are either in or a very short drive from Mayberry. Bonus: I will get to spend time with Jen!
Now head over to Jen’s place and fill out her form for me! The Mayberry ZIP code is 36532. 🙂