Today I LOVE tuna casserole, and so do my kids.
It could be that my tastes have matured, but there’s one thing that my tuna casserole has that my mother’s never did – something that makes it not only tastier, but FUN.
Pepperidge Farm® Goldfish® crackers
It’s easy to make, delicious, and fun to look at, so everyone likes it – in fact, it was one of a handful of dishes that helped Mr. Andi and me survive our meat-free Lent. Recently, I made it for dinner on a night Sarah Kate had play rehearsal and decided to let Nathan “help” with the cooking because I didn’t have another way to occupy him.
He loved it.
What kid doesn’t like dumping… …and stirring… …and swiping a little taste of the deliciousness while Mom is trying to get the Money Shot? And even 45-year-old me has to admit that putting Goldfish crackers on top of cheesy goodness is just F-U-N. When we sat down to the table to eat, Nathan was super-proud of himself for helping me cook dinner, and we scarfed it down the way we always do. It’s a family favorite at our house, and knowing I have a wee boy to help me fix it in the future means it’ll be a frequent part of the rotation.
From an old Southern Living cookbook I’ve had for years
5 oz package dried egg noodles
1 can cream of mushroom soup
5 oz can evaporated milk
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
6 oz can tuna in spring water, drained and flaked*
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
8.5 oz can English peas
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup Pepperidge Farm® Goldfish crackers
Cook the noodles and drain. Stir everything except Goldfish crackers together and pour into a small baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.** Sprinkle with Goldfish crackers and bake uncovered five more minutes.
* I typically use solid white tuna, but if all I have is chunk light I’ll use that – it’s delicious either way. You can also use canned salmon. I also usually don’t bother with the pepper.
**I don’t bother covering or waiting to put the Goldfish crackers on; I just throw it all in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
See other Goldfish Tales at GoldfishSmiles.com, and upload your own Goldfish Tale for a chance to win an awesome trip to the US location of your choice!
What are your favorite ways to eat Goldfish crackers? Tell me in the comments and you will be entered for a chance to win a $100 VISA gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/14/15 – 6/11/15.
Be sure to visit the Pepperidge Farm® Goldfish® brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!